Services are by appointment only, please call 512.245.2161 to make an appointment. Please specify the Round Rock location when calling to make an appointment.
All Texas State students are eligible to use this new location, including students who take classes at the San Marcos campus. Visit our Appointments page for further details about the Student Health Center eligibility policy.
Services at this location will include immunizations, primary care for routine medical problems, travel health, women’s health and mental health. Lab services are available. X-ray services are not available at this location.
- Allergy Injections
- Travel Health Appointments and Vaccines
- TB Testing
- Contraceptive Services (Prescriptions for birth control pills, Nexplanon and Depo Provera)
- Curative On-Campus Testing: Texas State University has partnered with the Texas Division of Emergency Management to bring free COVID-19 testing to the Round Rock campus. The FREE COVID-19 testing is located outside of the Avery building. Testing is offered on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2-6 p.m. You may register for testing at the COVID-19 Test Webpage or register onsite. When using the appointment link, it will not give you a specific time to get tested, it is up to you to get the test completed on a Tuesday/Thursday between 2-6 p.m.
- Additional Testing Sites:
- TRAVIS - Pflugerville (Walk Up Registration), 103 North Railroad Avenue, Pflugerville, TX 78660: This location only offers "Walk-up Registration."
- Williamson County & Cities Health District (WCCHD) Kiosk, 211 Commerce BLVD, Round Rock, TX 78664: To register for a test, visit their Curative Appointment webpage
Insurance/Costs for Services
The Student Health Center has charges for services including, office visits, labs, procedures, immunizations and other services. Payment is required at the time of services.
Payment options include:
- Credit cards, including online payments and Flex (HSA) cards.
- Transfer balance to your student account (enrolled Texas State students only)
- Use Health Insurance coverage.
Please visit our Charges & Insurance webpage for details on payment options and using your insurance at the Student Health Center.
Health Promotion Services
The prevention and educational services offered address a variety of health issues, including violence, nutrition, stress and time management, sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drug use. Our Health Promotion Services department consists of professionally trained health educators, peer health educators and support staff. Presentations are available for classes wanting to learn more about specific health topics. To view a list of current presentation topics and to request a presentation visit the Request a Presentation webpage. If you do not see the topic you are looking for, send an e-mail with a description of the type of information you would like presented. If given ample time, we would be happy to put something together for you.
Please give at least three weeks' notice for all requests. You will be contacted within a week with a response. In addition, please note that we do not facilitate presentations during the last week of classes before finals.