Services are by appointment only, please call 512.245.2161 to make an appointment. Please specify the Round Rock location when calling to make an appointment.
All Texas State students are eligible to use this new location, including students who take classes at the San Marcos campus. Visit our Appointments page for further details about the Student Health Center eligibility policy.
Services at this location will include immunizations, primary care for routine medical problems, travel health, women’s health and mental health. Lab services are available. X-ray services are not available at this location.
- Allergy Injections
- Travel Health Appointments and Vaccines
- TB Testing
- Contraceptive Services (Prescriptions for birth control pills, Nexplanon and Depo Provera)
- FREE COVID-19 On-Campus Testing: The Round Rock Campus new testing site is located on the North Campus parking lot next to the pond by the Avery building. This site provides walk-up and drive-through testing. Testing is available Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and on every second Saturday of the month. Pre-registration recommended, but is not required. To register, visit TXST-RR COVID-19 Testing, select “new patient” and enter TDEMTXUN. Bring your TXST ID card to the testing site for check-in. (Note: Select “Client Bill” instead of insurance information to complete the pre-registration process. Your insurance will not be billed.)
- Additional Testing Sites:
- Williamson County & Cities Health District (WCCHD) Kiosk, 211 Commerce BLVD, Round Rock, TX 78664: To register for a test, visit the Curative Appointment webpage
- Georgetown Public Library - Trailer - Appointment Required, 707 South Martin Luther King Jr St, Georgetown, TX 78626 To register for a test, visit the Curative Appointment webpage
Insurance/Costs for Services
The Student Health Center has charges for services including, office visits, labs, procedures, immunizations and other services. Payment is required at the time of services.
Payment options include:
- Credit cards, including online payments and Flex (HSA) cards.
- Transfer balance to your student account (enrolled Texas State students only)
- Use Health Insurance coverage.
Please visit our Charges & Insurance webpage for details on payment options and using your insurance at the Student Health Center.
Health Promotion Services
The prevention and educational services offered address a variety of health issues, including violence, nutrition, stress and time management, sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drug use. Our Health Promotion Services department consists of professionally trained health educators, peer health educators and support staff. Presentations are available for classes wanting to learn more about specific health topics. To view a list of current presentation topics and to request a presentation visit the Request a Presentation webpage. If you do not see the topic you are looking for, send an e-mail with a description of the type of information you would like presented. If given ample time, we would be happy to put something together for you.
Please give at least three weeks' notice for all requests. You will be contacted within a week with a response. In addition, please note that we do not facilitate presentations during the last week of classes before finals.