Texas State Domestic Student Health Insurance Plan
Enrollment is open for the Fall health insurance coverage.
Texas Stat University offers optional health insurance plans through Academic HealthPlans. The 2020-2021 Texas State Student Health Insurance is a UnitedHealthcare® (UHC) plan and the 2021-2022 plan is an Aetna® plan. View a break down of benefits and coverage flyers below.
Enrollment is currently open for:
|Plan||Coverage Periods||Open Enrollment Period|
|Fall (Aetna)||08/23/2021 - 01/09/2022||05/21/2021 - 10/01/2021|
2021-2022 Texas State University Student Health Insurance Plan
Aetna has been selected as the new Texas State University Student Health Insurance Plan carrier for the 2021-2022 Plan year. This decision was based on the benefit needs of students, provider access, and costs. Enrollment for the Fall plan is May 21 - October 1, 2021.
Eligible: Domestic undergraduate students currently enrolled in 9 or more hours at Texas State University or graduate students currently enrolled in 6 or more hours. For both undergraduate and graduate students, at least 50% of credit hours must be on-campus and summer course eligibility is 3 or more credit hours.
- Aetna PPO is the new provider network for Medical and Pharmacy benefits. Aetna offers access to a wide provider network nationwide.
- Get round-the-clock access and peace of mind with the 24-Hour Nurse Line.
- The Aetna Mobile App is available via web and mobile. The app allows you to access an ID card, view plan benefits, claims details, and an Explanation of Benefits, and find in-network providers.
- Eligibility requirements for purchasing the Domestic plan: Online credit hours can count towards the hourly requirement when at least 50% of total credit hours are on-campus.
- Additionally, you will have access to benefits while traveling with Academic Emergency Services.
View a break down of benefits and coverage flyers by visiting the Academic Health Plans Texas State Insurance website.