Texas State University has a health insurance requirement for international students that must be met each semester. All international students on non-immigrant visas are required by university policy to have health insurance coverage while at Texas State. International students have two options for meeting this requirement:
- Purchase the Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Health Insurance plan endorsed by the university, or
- Request a waiver by submitting proof that that student has health insurance coverage that is provided by a U.S. employer or paid for by the student’s home country or U.S. Government
- For students attending Texas State for one semester or less, please call the Student Health Center at 512-245-2161, option 5 for special waiver instructions.
NEW Changes Effective Fall 2016
- IMPORTANT: Effective Fall 2016 the university will not add the health insurance charge to student’s account and will not enroll students in the student plan.
- Attention Exchange Students: The student health plan must be purchased. There is no option to submit a waiver request.
NEW Changes Effective Spring 2017
- IMPORTANT: The Texas State International Office will enforce and monitor compliance with the health insurance requirement for non-immigrant international students and help students with waiver requests.
- IMPORTANT: The Student Health Center will help students with questions about the student health insurance plan only.