Student Recovery Alliance
Come join a community of students in recovery to provide social support, encouragement, and friendship as we navigate through college and everyday life.
When: Thursdays, 5-6pm
Where: Student Health Center Conference Room 202
Purpose: Create a safe place for students in recovery to work together, share experiences, plan sober events in the community, celebrate triumphs, discuss struggles and collaborate on empowering solutions.
Help Students Recover from: Drugs, alcohol and co-occurring disorders. This group is open to all Texas State students in any level of recovery, or who wish to further explore sobriety.
Our goal is to provide students with the following:
- A strong sense of community and social support
- A sober, lively, and enriching college experience
- Fun and sober activities around town (tubing, zip lining, the possibilities are endless!)
- SMART recovery tools to help cope with urges & cravings
- Building and maintaining motivation
- Managing thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- A safe place to explore personal struggles and work together on resolutions
- Resources for in & out patient treatment programs, IOP, private or group counseling, etc.
- Volunteer opportunities
- Education (research on how addiction/ recovery/ mental illness affect the brain)
Food and beverages will be provided.
For questions or more info contact:
Elyse Greenamyre at firstname.lastname@example.org (512) 396- 7695 ext. 5217
Julie Eckert at email@example.com (512) 245-1710
Or visit http://www.cenikor.org/