Health Promotion Services strives to help students succeed academically and personally by promoting healthy lifestyles and creating a healthy campus environment at Texas State. We work collaboratively to enhance the health of students through individual and environmental approaches that involve education, social marketing, advocacy, policy and research.
The prevention and educational services offered address a variety of health issues, including violence, nutrition, stress and time management, sexual health, alcohol, tobacco and other drug use. Our services include educational materials, outreach presentations, special events and health consulting. Our health promotion team consists of professionally trained health educators, peer health educators and support staff working together to achieve the learning mission of the university.
Primary Duties: To assist in the coordination of health & wellness programming for Health Promotion Services
· Present health and wellness presentations for Texas State classes, residence halls, athletes, student organizations and community organizations (public schools and youth programs).
· Provide training and co-advisement to the peer health educators in healthy cats and Men Against Violence.
· Plan and implement health & wellness outreach events for the Texas State campus and community organizations
· Develop, revise and update health education presentations
· Organize and maintain data for presentations requested by faculty, staff and community organizations.
· Provide assistance with health-related social media campaigns.
· Attend HPS and Student Health Center staff meetings and function as a paraprofessional staff member.
· Complete other duties as assigned form the Assistant Director of the Student Health Center.
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends.