Your Travel Health Appointment will include:
- Detailed information and advice specific to your travel itinerary that contains information on any travel advisories and other relevant country-specific information (e.g., high altitude preparation, disease outbreaks).
- After review of your previous immunizations, the most appropriate immunizations and travel medications will be recommended and given based on your destination, duration of travel, activities, and medical conditions.
- Prescriptions for recommended medications for such problems as malaria, traveler's diarrhea, and altitude sickness.
- Travel Health consultations and appointments are available to all TX State students, staff and faculty.
- We recommend that you plan on making your travel appointment at least 6-8 weeks prior to your planned departure.
Travel Health Group Presentations
The Student Health Center also offers group travel health presentations on the travel destinations, and information on the recommended vaccines for staff, faculty, and students. There is no cost for the presentation.
If interested in a Travel Health Group Presentation, the group leader should:
- Contact Debbie Karajankovich, Assistant Director of Clinical Services at 512-245-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a date/time for the presentation.
- Travelers attending the group presentation will need to bring the following to the group meeting:
- Copy of their insurance card (front and back).
- Completed Pre-Travel Health Consultation form (this will be sent to the group leader to distribute to all the travelers).
- Immunization Record
- Appointments for recommended vaccines can be made at the time of the group presentation.