The Student Health Center is staffed by several full-time physicians and nurse practitioners. We offer medical care similar to what you would receive from your family physician.
Please call 512.245.2161 to schedule future and same-day appointments.
Please call 512.245.2161 for questions about using this service.
Anonymous HIV Antibody Testing
- Anonymous HIV testing is done without any personal information (including name, medical history or anything else) being attached to your visit. When you call to make the appointment, the appointment clerk will ask for a name to call in the lobby; give him/her any name you like. Check in with the receptionist by giving her the name you are using and a nurse will call you back for brief counseling questions. The nurse then sends you to the lab. Once the blood sample is collected, the lab technician will give you a number to identify which sample is yours.
- Confidential HIV testing is similar to any other office visit. The results are included in your medical record, but kept in the strictest confidence. Medical record confidentiality is protected under state and federal law.
- Hepatitis A (series of two injections)
- Hepatitis B (series of three injections)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B Combo (series of three injections)
- HPV Vaccine (series of three injection)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Varicella (Chicken Pox, series of two injections)
Pregnancy Testing and Counseling
Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Testing
NOTE: This service is not available on Thursdays
The QUIT Program is a free smoking cessation program offered to students, faculty and staff. Participants receive a personal assessment, private counseling with a nurse, self-help materials, information about smoking cessation aids and follow-up support. If additional appointments are needed, students can see a Student Health Center physician. Faculty and staff who need prescription medication should make an appointment with their primary care physician (PCP). Discounted smoking cessation medications are available in the Student Health Center Pharmacy.
The Student Health Center women's clinic is designed to provide women with a comfortable environment where women feel at ease and respected, and can ask questions of a sensitive or uncomfortable nature. The women's clinic provides several services including annual female health maintenance exams and other routine gynecological exams.
- Female health maintenance exams may include:
- Breast exam
- Pap smear
- STI screening for Chlamydia and gonorrhea
Other services include birth control counseling and other prescription refills, evaluation and treatment of menstrual concerns and evaluation and treatment of common gynecological conditions and other reproductive health concerns, such as vaginal infections.
Long-acting contraceptives, including Nexplanon and IUD's, are available by appointment.
Condoms are available over-the-counter from the Pharmacy.
Primary care providers, including physicians and nurse practitioners, are available to provide evaluation and medical management of common mental health disorders such as ADHD, anxiety, depression and panic attacks. Students requesting treatment for ADHD must provide medical documentation of neuropsychological testing supporting the diagnosis of ADHD or evaluation and treatment by a psychiatrist for ADHD. Click here to learn how to request an initial appointment for ADHD.
Psychiatrists are available to provide evaluation and medical management of more complicated mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, eating disorder or posttraumatic stress disorder. Psychiatrists see patients by referral only from Student Health Center medical providers or Counseling Center counselors. Emergency psychiatric evaluations are not offered at the Student Health Center. Patients with severe mental health disorders requiring intensive therapy or monitoring may have to be referred to an off campus health care provider that can provide the necessary level of service. Psychiatric services are available only during normal business hours.
Please call 512.245.2161 if you have any questions or need more information.
On-site laboratory and state of the art digital radiology (x-ray) services are available.
- Many lab tests are performed while you wait.
- Most lab results are available within two days.
- X-rays are performed on site.
We can perform lab tests or x-rays ordered by your private physician. Simply provide a doctor's order and the results can be faxed to that doctor's office.