Important Appointment Information
In preparation of your upcoming appointment, please…
- Bring the names and dosages of all medications you are currently taking.
- Provide information about the pharmacy you like to use (name, phone #, address if not in San Marcos). The Student Health Center has a Pharmacy on site.
- Bring the names of all medication allergies.
- Be prepared to tell us about your medical history, for example tell us that you have asthma,anxiety, high blood pressure, etc.
- Be prepared to tell us about your family history (parents, brother & sister), for example mom has diabetes, sister has heart problem, etc.
- Know immunization history.
Plan that your appointment will take at least an hour from entry to exit, and may take longer depending on the problem.
If you are scheduled to have a Pap smear…
For 2 days before the appointment DO NOT:
- Use tampons
- Use vaginal creams, suppositories, or medicines
- Use vaginal sprays or powders
- Have any sexual contact
Any of these can cause inaccurate abnormal results, which will lead to further testing and costs you may not need.
It is best to do the Pap test 10-20 days after the first day of your last period. We will not be able to do the test if you are currently bleeding, so let us know before your appointment so we can reschedule.