Appointments 512-245-2161, option 2
- All services are offered by appointment.
- Please specify if your location is San Marcos or Round Rock
- Same day and future appointments are available
- You will need your Texas State ID number
NOTE: If you need to cancel or change your appointment, you must call 512.245.2161 at least two hours (24 hours for psychiatry) prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Currently enrolled students attending classes at the San Marcos or Round Rock campus pay a Medical Service Fee (MSF) each semester that gives them access to Student Health Center services. Students who take correspondence courses are also eligible for care at the Student Health Center.
Students enrolled in the previous semester can receive care during the periods between academic semesters. See chart below.
Students not currently enrolled may use the Student Health Center for one long semester after their last semester enrolled at Texas State.
- For example, students enrolled in the spring semester who graduate or do not take summer classes may use the Student Health Center for the entire summer.
- At the end of this grace semester, the physician-patient relationship is terminated as well as access to all other services. It is the responsibility of the patient to arrange for transfer of care to another physician by the end of this extra semester.
Student Eligibility Chart:
|Last Semester Enrolled||Eligible for services, currently Enrolled||Eligible for services, “Grace” Semester|
|Summer 2017||May 31, 2017 – Aug. 25, 2017||Aug. 28, 2017 – Jan. 15, 2018|
|Fall 2017||Aug. 21, 2017 – Jan 15, 2018||Jan. 16, 2018 – June 1, 2018|
Faculty and Staff
- Texas State faculty and staff are eligible for a limited number of services which include travel health, flu shots, TB skin tests, tetanus shots and some immunizations. For questions please call 512.245.2161.
Texas State-Sponsored Camps, Programs & Workshop Participants
- Please call the Student Health Center at 512.245.2161 for questions about eligibility and cost of care.
Spouses, children and friends of Texas State students are not eligible for services at the Student Health Center.